The academic painter Martin Avsenik was born on 20 November 1962 in Ljubljana. After finishing his high-school education at the “Bežigrajska gimnazija” in Ljubljana, he continued his studies at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana where he took a diploma in 1987 with professor Janez Bernik on the subject “Late Picasso and his influence” at the Department for Painting. He graduated with prof. Franc Tržan in high school for clarinet, too. Throughout time, his artistic creativity is increasingly connected with music. He lives and works in Ljubljana.
In addition to painting, as director of Ars Studio Avsenik, in recent years he has been focusing on projects in which he combines visual art, sound and architectural space in a unique combination by means of innovative technology, and with the involvement of his sense of aesthetics, architectural knowledge and artistic experience.
For this purpose, he designs conceptual architectural and interior solutions and develops audio-visual products, such as projection screens and light objects, in which he places his works of digital and animated art. He presents himself with his artistic works and projects at independent and group exhibitions in Slovenia and abroad.
Viewing his artworks is possible in his gallery space in Ljubljana by prior arrangement with interested collectors of artworks.
• 1987 – Gallery Dolik, Jesenice, SI
• 1990 – Gallery Lerota, Ljubljana, SI
• 1991 – Gallery Meblo, Nova Gorica, SI
• 1991 – TK Gallery, Trieste, IT
• 1996 – Gallery ZDSLU, Ljubljana, SI
• 1996 – Gallery Avsenik, Begunje, SI
• 1997 – K.C.S. Kosovela, Sežana, SI
• 2007 – City Gallery, Nova Gorica, SI
• 2008 – Institut ”Jožef Stefan”, Ljubljana, SI
• 2010 – Dubai Community Theatre & Arts Centre, Gallery of Light, Dubai, UAE
• 1982–85 – City Gallery - Exhibition of the students of ALU, Ljubljana, SI
• 1985 – Radovljica Museum, Radovljica, SI
• 1985 – Hotel Jelovica, Bled, SI
• 1993 – City Gallery, Villach, AT
• 1995 – Art-Expo, Geneva, CH
• 1998 – Gallery Krka, Novo mesto, SI
• 2008 – Expo Light Middle East, Dubai, UAE
• 2008 – Slovenian Museum of Natural History, Ljubljana, SI
• 2012 – Dubai Community Theatre & Arts Centre, Gallery of Light, Dubai, UAE
• 1993 – Slovenija Open, Sinji Vrh, SI
• 1994 – Il Labirinto e suo doppio, Monfalcone, IT
• 1997 – Colony Krka, Otočec, SI
• 1998 – Il simposio d'arte, Cordovado, IT
Paintings are a result of the artistic work with a help of computer programs for visual creation. They come to life on a light object made of modern materials that combine image and light source, which enlightens the art print.
Animated paintings with accompanying music expose the connection between sound and visual language, in harmony with the artistic language and time, which awakes various feelings in experiencing art.